The Afrika Museum is open from 10 am to 5 pm from Tuesday to Sunday
The outdoor museum is open troughout the year but the compounds are not fully equipped from November 1st to April 1st. The museum is closed every Monday (except on holidays and december 25th (First Christmas Day) and on January 1st (New Year's Day), April 27th (Kingsday).
Important: the museum is open on Mondays during school vacations and on various holidays.
This means that we're open on:
- 23 & 30 December 2019 (Christmas holiday)
- 17 & 24 February (Spring holiday)
- 13 April (Easter Monday)
- 1 June (Pentecost)
- 6, 13, 20, 27 July (Summer holiday)
- 3, 10, 17, 24 August (Summer holiday)
- 12 & 19 October (Fall holiday)
- 21 & 28 December (Christmas holiday)
- January 1st (New Years Day)
- April 27th (King's Day)
- December 25th (Christmas Day)
|Kids 4-18 years old||€ 6,00|
|Children (up to and including 3 years old)||Free|
|Family price: 2 parents and max. 3 children max. 18 years old||€ 34,50|
|CJP child / Cultuurpas*||€ 6,00|
|CJP adult*||€ 9,00|
|Friends Afrika Museum, Tropenmuseum , Museum Volkenkunde||Free|
|BankGiro Loterij VIP-CARD||Free|
|ICOM, Vereniging Rembrandt||Free|
- Parking currency: € 2,00
- Dogs are not allowed on museum grounds.
- Disabled visitors: Both the main building and the outdoor museum are wheelchair accessible. The first floor can be reached using the lift in hall 4 where the temporary exhibitions are situated. Wheelchairs and special seats are available for your comfort at the main desk.